New York City Relocation Lawyer
Helping Both Parties Reach a Relocation Agreement
After a divorce, the child’s relationship with the non-custodial parent will be different. This change is evident even when custody is shared between both parents. As such, requests to relocate a child are heavily scrutinized by the court to ensure that the best interests of the child are being met.
Whatever side of the relocation request you are on, you will need a proven NYC family lawyer presenting your case. Retaining an attorney from H. Benjamin Perez & Associates, P.C. ensures you will have an Avvo® top-rated attorney representing your parental rights. In high-stakes cases like yours, you want the best attorney available to protect your child custody rights.
Factors for Consideration in NYC Relocation Cases
While the child's best interests are the primary concern, the rights of the parents will not be ignored. Determining factors that are considered in New York City relocation cases include the following:
- The best interests of the child
- Whether the child may have greater educational, medical, recreational and professional opportunities in a new location
- What the child will lose by relocating
- Whether the child will enjoy a better financial situation
- The relationship with the non-custodial parent and the extended family
- Grandparent's rights and established family relationships
Your Future Begins Here
Relocation requires a modification in the child custody arrangement and must be authorized by the court. We will aggressively represent your parental rights in these matters to ensure you receive a fair hearing and your voice is heard,