Our NYC criminal defense lawyers have seen people get convicted when they could have been acquitted if they hired a defender that could craft and present a defense case to a jury. Luckily, our criminal defense attorneys in New York know how trial law operates and are familiar with how juries respond to defense cases. As a result, our New York lawyers can leverage that knowledge to build a strategic, convincing defense strategy that has the potential to compel a jury to believe you’re innocent.
What Do Criminal Defense Lawyers in New York Do?
An NYC criminal lawyer from a top criminal law firm in NYC, like H. Benjamin Perez & Associates, P.C., plays a vital role in defending individuals charged with a crime. These attorneys navigate the complex landscape of criminal law, using their deep understanding and expertise to challenge the prosecution's evidence and advocate fiercely for their client's rights. They aim to protect your right to trial, emphasizing that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Services Provided by Criminal Defense Attorneys in New York
- Case Evaluation: They conduct a thorough review of your case, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and determining the most effective defense strategy.
- Plea Bargaining: They negotiate with prosecutors to reduce charges or penalties, or even dismiss your case.
- Representation in court: They represent you in court, presenting your defense and challenging the prosecution's case.
- Defense Strategy Formulation: They develop a comprehensive defense strategy tailored to your specific circumstances.
- Protection of Rights: They ensure your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
- Legal Counseling: They provide legal advice and emotional support during this challenging time.
- Post-trial Services: These include appealing a guilty verdict or negotiating for reduced sentencing.
When Should You Hire a NYC Criminal Defense Lawyer?
It is generally a good idea to hire a New York criminal defense attorney as soon as you are accused of a crime or think you might be charged with a crime. An experienced criminal defense lawyer can help you understand the charges against you, the potential consequences, and the best ways to defend yourself. A lawyer can also protect your rights and advocate on your behalf throughout the legal process. If you are facing criminal charges in New York City, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible.
The Benefits of Hiring a NYC Criminal Defense Attorney
Hiring a NYC criminal defense attorney after an arrest can provide numerous benefits. A skilled lawyer can protect your rights and ensure that you receive a fair trial, conduct an investigation on your arrest, review all evidence presented by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements with prosecutors, and even help you craft an effective defense strategy.
Furthermore, they can offer advice on how to proceed in negotiations or present credible defenses in court. Many lawyers will also be able to suggest alternative punishments, if the case goes to trial, and advise on sentence reductions when available.
Working with a NYC criminal defense attorney can help alleviate the stress of dealing with the criminal justice system, allowing you to focus on maintaining your innocence or seeking favorable outcomes for your case. Ultimately, having an experienced professional handle your legal matters may make it easier to navigate the complex criminal justice system and help you obtain better results.
The Top 5 Reasons You Want Our New York Criminal Defense Attorney on Your Side
As professional trial lawyers in New York City, we take our duty to protect clients extremely seriously, and we are ready to move into action for you.
Tough times require tough legal advocates; therefore, our law firm in New York urges you to contact our criminal defense attorneys if you are accused of a misdemeanor or felony crime, or are currently the target of a New York police investigation and have not yet been charged.
There are at least five reasons why our criminal defense attorney in New York City is the best choice to represent your case:
- NY criminal defense attorney H. Benjamin Perez is rated 10.0 by Avvo.
- We are the winners of the AVVO Client's Choice Award for Criminal Defense in 2012.
- Our attorneys have handled hundreds of criminal trials confidently and aggressively.
- Our attorneys has experience on the other side of the law while working in the Kings County District Attorney's Office, giving us valuable insight into how they operate.
- We are extremely talented in creating effective defense strategies.
Whether you are accused of a misdemeanor or felony crime, our criminals lawyers in New York know what to do because we like to win. As highly experienced New York City criminal defense lawyers, we are very skilled at identifying the flaws in criminal cases and exploiting them on behalf of our NY clients. There is no substitute for putting our highly experienced, creative and talented criminal defense attorney on your side after an arrest in NYC. Call our New York criminal defense attorney at (646) 770-0989 and let us review the facts in your case to create a strategy that helps get your legal situation moving in the right direction.
Our New York criminal defense attorney offers defense counsel in both English and Spanish, and are available 24/7 to serve you.
Are you in trouble with the law, caught in the criminal justice system, and looking for a top quality criminal defense attorney serving New York City to protect your and fight for your freedom? You have come to the right place.
Accessible to Clients 24/7 for emergencies only
Career Trial Lawyers & Professional Litigators
A Long Track Record of Positive Verdicts
Recipient of Avvo Clients' Choice & 10.0 Superb Awards
This hearing may include setting bail, which is extremely important because if your bail is set too high to afford, you could spend months in custody awaiting trial.
That’s why we work fast, and our first order of business is to review the facts in your case and hear your side of the story.
We need to know what happened to you so we can move into action.
Remember, although you have been arrested, there may be serious errors in police procedures that could allow us to get your case dismissed or the charges reduced.