Tenacious & Effective Our firm is determined to get the best possible outcome for your case.

NYC Grandparents' Rights Lawyer

Divorce Attorney Also Serving Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island

Divorce is a difficult time for not only the immediate family, but for grandparents as well. Many grandparents share a special bond with their grandchildren and offer a great deal of love and affection that is important to the children's stable environment.

If there exists conflicts between the parents and grandparents, visitation rights could be limited or completely denied by the parents. If you are a grandparent and you feel that your rights to visit your grandchildren have been either severely limited or denied, you can petition the court for visitation rights.

The State of New York usually protects the parents' wishes with regards to visitation rights granted to the grandparents , so if you wish to protect your grandparental rights, it is crucial to seek aggressive legal representation in order to submit a petition that may be favorably looked upon by the family court judge. A NYC divorce lawyer at H. Benjamin Perez & Associates, P.C. understands how devastating it can be to be denied visitation rights to see your grandchild. Our firm rigorously fights to protect your right to pursue a healthy and lasting relationship with your grandchildren. We are known for offering personalized service that goes above and beyond.

Need a Family Attorney in New York City?

Several factors must be thoroughly examined and taken into consideration before a judge can make a determination, such as the following:

  • The physical and emotional health of the grandparent
  • The bond between the grandchild and grandparent
  • The relationship between the parents and grandparent
  • The time elapsed since the last grandparent's visit with the grandchild
  • Grandparent's good faith in requesting visitation rights
  • Grandparent's domestic violence or sexual abuse history
  • Effects of grandparent visitation on relationship between child and parent

If a parent is determined to be unfit to care for the child, a third party, such as the grandparent, may petition the court for child custody. Our firm can explain in detail all available legal options, and will help you fight to preserve your relationship with your grandchild. Looking for a lawyer for your family law case in New York City?

Reach out to our firm to speak with a NYC divorce attorney if you need legal assistance protecting your rights as a grandparent.


  • Avvo Clients' Choice 2015 Criminal Defense
  • Avvo Clients' Choice 2015 Divorce
  • Avvo 10.0 Top Attorney Divorce
  • Avvo 10.0 Top Attorney Criminal Defense

Testimonials from Previous Clients

  • “Always put me at ease. I strongly recommend them.”


  • “Excellent customer service and we got our case dismissed! ”


  • “My financial savior”


  • “Professinalism & Customer Service”

    Criminal Defense Client

  • “Fast, honest, dependable and affordable. ”

    Happy Client