Green Cards & Petitions Tenacious & Effective Legal Advocacy

Family-Based Petitions & Green Cards

Over a Decade of Award-Winning Legal Service in New York City

Once you are a legal citizen of the United States, you are free to petition for your nonresident family members to begin the immigration proceedings. At H. Benjamin Perez & Associates, P.C., we can help. With more than a decade of experience and thousands of cases handled, our New York City green card attorney can help you successfully file for your relatives and establish your relationship to get started.

If you are facing immigration charges in NY, contact our firm today to discuss your options. Hablamos Español.

What Happens Next?

Your first step will be to fill out an I-130 form which will begin the petition process. As anyone familiar with the immigration system can tell you, this can be complicated. There are many different forms to complete and proceedings to undergo. Having an advocate can help you explain your needs, protect your interests, and gather the right information.

As a citizen, you can work to help relatives such as:

  • Your spouse
  • Your unmarried children under age 21
  • Your parents

There are other family members you can petition for as well, though these will be a lower priority than those listed above, the lowest of which are your siblings. For relatives already in the United States, an I-485 application can help them adjust their status and become a green card holder with permanent residence.

How H. Benjamin Perez & Associates, P.C. Can Help

Once you petition for your family members, the next step will be consular processing. During this stage, a U.S. consulate will review your petition and check for available visa numbers. For some people, this process takes years. An experienced immigration attorney can check up on your application and, in some cases, even expedite it.

We can also help you keep tabs on your case to ensure you don’t miss important deadlines or fail to follow up on requests made by the immigration department. Your family deserves the best chance at a hopeful and prosperous future. Let our firm help.

Call us at(646) 770-0989 today to set up your free case evaluation!

How We Stand Out From the Rest:

  • Accessible to Clients 24/7
  • Career Trial Lawyers & Professional Litigators
  • A Long Track Record of Positive Verdicts
  • Recipient of Avvo Clients' Choice & 10.0 Superb Awards

Client Testimonials

Kind Words from Real People
    Simply an outstanding Counsel!

    “Simply an outstanding Counsel! Knowledgeable, very determine, trustworthy, dedicated to his profession and always willing to schedule an appointment with you to address any questions or concerns you ...”

    - Happy Client
    Throughout the entire case he was very easy to reach and kept me in the loop the whole time.

    “Throughout the entire case he was very easy to reach and kept me in the loop the whole time. ”

    - Happy Client
    If the need arises do not hesitate to contact them, you will be in good hands.

    “If the need arises do not hesitate to contact them, you will be in good hands.”

    - Happy Client
    Thank you Mr. Perez for giving me my life back!

    “Thank you Mr. Perez for giving me my life back!”

    - Happy Client
    He gets the job done

    “He is very responsible,lloyal, & trustworthy,i have a court case with my daughters mom where she wants to remove my daughter from my life,Mr. perez makes sure that i get all my rights as her father,he ...”

    - Family Client