Form I-751

New York City I-751 Lawyer

Legal Counsel for Your Journey to Becoming a Legal US Citizen

If you are currently residing in the US on a conditional resident status because you’re married to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be eligible to file a petition to remove such conditions. Our lawyer’s experience and diligence can help you successfully file for removal of the conditions on your resident status: We can effectively take care of your needs.

Contact us online or call (646) 770-0989 today!

There is a lot of time, documents and requirements involved in Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence, so it’s in your best interests to trust our proven team to help guide you through the filing process. Any minor mistake could create serious complications and even denial of your conditional resident status removal, which is the last thing your family needs.

Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File Form I-751?

Most conditional residents are unfamiliar with the process, and understandably so, therefore it’s better to turn to our trusted legal team to walk you through the process and ensure you’re not missing any key steps and information. We can provide legal counsel on how to go above and beyond during the filing process to best avoid any chance of denial.

Several application requirements must be met for removal of your resident status conditions:

  • You and your spouse must apply together to remove the conditions on your residence by filing Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence.
  • Follow Form I-751 instructions for further details.
  • You should apply during the 90-day period before your anniversary as a conditional resident (The expiration date on your permanent residence card (green card) is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident).
  • If you do not apply to remove the conditions in time, you could lose your conditional resident status and be removed from the country.

This form is for conditional permanent residents who got their status through marriage or entrepreneurial investment and want to remove the conditions on their permanent resident status. The duration of this status is two years and can’t be renewed. It’s important to keep in mind that your request may be denied based on a few factors:

  • Submitted application too late
  • Suspicion of failed or fraudulent marriage
  • Insufficient documentation

You may be eligible to file a Form I-751 based on marriage if you meet any of these requirements:

  • You are still married to the same U.S. citizen or permanent resident after two years. You may include your children in your application if they received their conditional-resident status either at the same time or within 90 days as you did;
  • You are a child and, for a valid reason, cannot be included in your parents’ application;
  • You are a widow or widower who entered into your marriage in good faith;
  • You entered into a marriage in good faith, but the marriage ended through divorce or annulment; or
  • You entered into a marriage in good faith, but either you or your child were battered or subjected to extreme hardship by your US. citizen or permanent-resident spouse.

You may be eligible to file a Form I-751 based on your entrepreneurial status if you meet any of these requirements:

  • You were granted conditional permanent resident status through entrepreneurship (you may include your conditional permanent resident spouse and children in your petition, or they may file separately after your petition).
  • You obtained conditional permanent resident status through your entrepreneur spouse or parent, and your spouse or parent has died.

This is a daunting, complex process to say the least. Countless rules, documents, conditions and steps must be satisfied to successfully file Form I-751. Even then, there is a chance your application may be denied. Considering that the processing time is 12-18 months, it would be extremely inconvenient and stressful to wait that long feeling unsure of whether you will get accepted or denied.

You can feel more secure and confident in the filing process when you retain our skilled attorney. Call (646) 770-0989 for 24/7 assistance!

Our Team Can Champion Your Best Interests

We proudly obtain an award-winning track record for successfully helping clients achieve their legal goals. As such, we know the importance of taking our time to do things the right way rather than the fastest way. Form I-751 is the gateway to legal US citizenship, which is a life-changing and liberating experience. As such, our attorneys will treat your matters with the utmost care, respect and thoroughness to best help you see a successful outcome.

Schedule your consultation with us online or by calling (646) 770-0989 today. Hablamos Español!

Contact Us Today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.