NYC Parental Alienation Attorney
Child Custody and Parental Alienation
If you suspect your child is being influenced against you or if you are
accused of fostering hatred in your child you may be involved in a
child custody dispute. Family Courts have coined a term for this issue: Parental Alienation
At H. Benjamin Perez & Associates, P.C., we pride ourselves on being
effective family law attorneys in sensitive matters of child custody and
parental rights. We are skilled negotiators outside of the court and try
to resolve matters without a trial.
Where aggressive representation is needed, we know how to fight for your
parental rights before the court. No
family law case is too complex for our formidable legal team.
Legal Representation for Parental Alienation Cases in NYC
Issues of parental alienation are complex. Determining whether rejection
of a parent is the result of parental alienation is the key to applying
legal remedies to this issue. Some indicators of parental alienation are:
- A child making accusations that are obviously rehearsed, using adult language;
- Sudden hostile behavior towards a parent for frivolous reasons;
- No remorse felt for cruel behavior toward the alienated parent;
- Hatred and dislike extending to relatives of the alienated parent;
- The child rejects one parent and refuses visitation;
- One parent consistently blocking access to the child despite custody agreement.
The Family Courts will curb cases of parental alienation and these actions
could be considered a form of child abuse. Whether it is the result of
an emotionally challenged parent seeking revenge, or an unintentional
result of heated arguments in the presence of the child, the result is
disruptive and negative. We are sensitive to the nature of child custody.
You must protect your parental rights in a manner that is reduces the
emotional impact the child and results in your ability to participate
in raising your child after divorce.
Contact us for a confidential evaluation of your case.